Mold? What should you do? What should you not do?
Microbial growth can cause a lot of problems for you and your house. SERVPRO of Bryan, Effingham, McIntosh, & East Liberty Counties has the proper training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Fact about microbial growth:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours if the conditions are right.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What should you do?
- Contact SERVPRO of Bryan, Effingham, McIntosh, & East Liberty Counties so we can take you through the proper steps for remediation
- Stay away from the affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
What should you not do?
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
SERVPRO of Bryan, Effingham, McIntosh, & East Liberty Counties has the proper training from IICRC to properly take care of your house. We will get a crew out to your house for an inspection and recommendations on the proper ways to remediate the area. If you believe you have mold in your home, give us a call at (912) 445-5190.